Thursday, January 13, 2011

Being in a Band // Free Time


One of the most underrated parts of being in a band is the amount of free time you get to spend with the band goofing off. You really have a lot of down time whether it be waiting for a show to start or afterwards when the event is still going on and you need to get your gear off stage. My band has done numerous things to pass the time and I will recount just a few of my favorites. For one event my band literally had a fruit ninja competition to see who could get the highest high-score on Fruit Ninja (Which is a very fun game).


Another time Greyson and I sat down in rolling chairs and got foam swords. I have no idea where we got them. Then we rolled around in chairs having a battle with foam swords while sitting down. Eventually we started jousting in the chairs by having two people roll us at each other while we tried to hit the other with the swords. Eventually Greyson got up and we started an all out fight with the swords.


I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes the funnest part of being in a band has nothing to do with the music (not to say that the music isn't fun). But instead some of the greatest parts of being in a band is just hanging out like any other activity. So in that way a band is just like any other activity where people hang out, but there are definitely other great aspects to being in a band that I will get to in other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment