Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Opinions on Music Part 1

I figured I would start my blog out with some music that I enjoy listening to. I'll just do this by band and maybe add some other stuff as I go along.
One of my all time favorite bands would be Switchfoot. The singer Jon Foreman just has some excellent lyrical ideas and the music is pretty good. Foreman's solo project is also pretty sweet and I throughly enjoyed listening to his EPs. Hello Hurricane

Another band whose music I enjoy is MuteMath. The lyrics are honestly not the best, but the music is some of the best I've ever heard. If you liked U2 then I think MuteMath would be very enjoyable. Mutemath

As far as the best vocals I've heard in a long while I would highly recommend you listen to Bon Iver. I have no idea how you say it but that's how you spell the band's name. They have some of the best harmonies I've heard in a long while. Possibly since the Beatles. Dare I say it? For Emma, Forever Ago

Kanye West takes the best Hip Hop artist spot. I really like his songs with the kick-backs to older R&B from the 70s and 80s as well as his gospel vocals. Also I would check out Lil Waynes less known songs like Phone Home. His hits aren't all that great but he really gets creative in some of his other tracks. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy [Explicit]

Decemberists also get a notable mention for lyrical writing. Their albums all follow one consistent train of thought which is pretty rare in this day and age so I really appreciate it. When you listen to them, or any other artist for that matter, please listen to the whole album. You really lose a lot when you only listen to one song off an album, because sometimes, like in the case of MuteMath and the Decemberists, that song tied in to other songs and thoughts throughout the album. Hazards Of Love

Also low bass is very underrated. Bassists can be good musicians and we should listen to them too!

ReverseHolland Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment